Saturday, January 08, 2005

Dear Editors

I just sent a gentle email nudge to the editors of one magazine where I submitted, and their response is a bit overdue. Maybe it's a bit too early for me to do so; I can understand what with the holidays, maybe they're running behind, but then again, when I checked their site, their guidelines seem to have changed, so I'm wondering if my submission got lost in the shuffle.

It's funny how you can get to that point where you feel as if your work has just gone into the ether. Another editor for a different magazine had given me his personal email address for my next submission, and even though I used that to send another piece, I feel like that one went into the ether too. It's times like this that I have an appreciation for auto responses...

Ah well. Business as usual, I guess.

Write on,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I wish you luck. Although I've been on both sides of the magazine fence, I get frustrated with non-responsive editors, too.

But keep your hopes up. The piece I just landed took me almost two years; 3 places in a row I sent it folded within a month or two after sending it to them. Your stories will find the right homes, but sometimes it just takes longer than we want it to.

2:09 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hey Hebdomeros, yeah, I hear ya. The good news is, I did get an email right back saying that it is still under consideration, they have it, etc. I get the impression it isn't read yet, so I guess the holidays did backlog them a bit. I got concerned though, because I had seen their submission guidelines had changed, so I was worried it had fallen between the cracks. So, now at least I have the peace of mind that they remember it!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home