Friday, January 07, 2005

Ugh

Anybody out there ever have what feels like a really good week, and then suddenly, at the end, feel like a bunch of people kind of shit on you? (Figuratively speaking, of course.) Talk about raining on the parade. I don't know, I just suddenly lost all motivation today, and just had a few things make me get mad at people until I finally kind of blew my top. (And my version of blowing my top was basically just leaving work much earlier than I should have -- "stick a fork in me, I'm done" type of thing.)

Maybe it's the writer's temperament (I will say, I was exhausted all week and I always get more sensitive when I get mentally tired), but damn. And I guess I need to work on the fact that I don't deal well with my own anger or feelings of annoyance or whatever. All of this was social stuff and interpersonal relationships, and I'm also mad at myself for getting all steamy about stupid crap. I guess this is going to be a good weekend to reboot and I'm probably going to lay pretty low (other than seeing White Noise, of course).

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

It always makes me feel better when friends curse my adversaries, therefore; the jerks! the baboons! I hate them and I will personally go over to Virginia to shove cacti down their throats if they persist in their ill treatment of you!

I always get sensitive when I am mentally tired too. I generally try to avoid strangers on these days.

I do hope things will be better this weekend!

8:10 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hi Gary, thanks for stopping in! Yeah, I've been a bit anti-people these days myself. I don't know what it is, but sometimes they can be disappointing. I don't know why it seems this is true in the last couple years more than when I was younger. Maybe it has something to do with age... what a great vacation! Winter can definitely be depressing -- like you said, feel like death row. So a trip to the islands sounds like just the ticket!

Maktaaq, you're so sweet! Thank you for your offer to avenge me. Really, it was more like silly bullshit, and disappointing stuff, that really got me down, and yeah, I was just carrying my emotions so close to the surface from being tired/stressed this week that I blew my top. I told my roommate about the 4-5 things that irritated me and she said that any one would have made her mad, so it made me feel better. Like, maybe I had reason to just finally blow my top! I think that just having a quiet weekend is pretty much what the doctor ordered... my foul moods don't usually last TOO long!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I usually have one really bad day a month, usually alongside a whopper of a headache that lasts a whole day. If I have that headache going, nothing makes me happy and the smallest things.

Relax, chill out, get scared by White Noise and feel better soon. You probably just need a day away from all the regular life crap.

2:02 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, I get headaches too, for sure. Those tend to ruin my day without any other outside help from anybody! Rebooting is definitely a good idea, but tonight I am going back into the fray. Ah, people... ;)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home