Thursday, January 06, 2005

They're Everywhere

Spammers, that is. I do believe I have received my first piece of non-solicited literary spam. (I think?) How incredibly, incredibly bizarre. I guess this means that one of the places that I submit to has released some email addresses? Perhaps somehow someone I know, knows these people? I have no idea, but I do believe this is the first time ever I have gone to a Web site connected to a piece of spam. So congrats to them.

Well, considering the site cracked me up (and no, I have not actually read the fiction there yet), here's the site: LitVision. I'm just not sure what to make of it all, but check it out if you are interested.

In other news, I visited dear friends tonight who have a new baby. I haven't seen him in a month or two, but boy did I terrify him, with my big hair (ah, humidity) and black clothes. Plus I think he caught on to the fact that I'm relatively unqualified to hold a 4-month-old, because he freaked (after he tried to do a backflip out of my arms!)! He's a cutie though. But anyway, they gave me, for Christmas, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, which I am totally psyched about from reading the description, and a groovy night light in crimson with dangling beads (which will come in handy, seeing how I'm psyched because of plans to see "White Noise" this weekend, a horror movie I suspect will actually scare me, which few do).

Meanwhile, I burned a bunch of music from my illustrious Houseguest of a few weeks ago, and so right now I'm listening to "Change Today?" by TSOL. How old-school is that, I ask??? Although he and I were in disagreement -- I always liked TSOL's "Beneath the Shadows" and songs off the "Suburbia" soundtrack best... he was into "Revenge."

Write on,

LLB

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I've actually talked to Patrick, the guy at Litvision, about the trials and tribulations of journal managing. His team is pretty ambitious, starting up an online monthly like that--this seems to be a pretty bad time of year for submissions, I've noticed as well. You'd think, with the draught of submissions (although not by me, for I did the exemplary New Year's batch 'o mailings) that editors would have time to catch up with their slush piles. Alas, I guess it is not to be...

8:42 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

It looks like a fun site, although that bright green hurts my little eyes. I have a whole theory about humor and chickens that I'll go into later, but I'll be reading this issue in honor of the fowl on the page.

Neverwhere is a fun book. A great first novel for him, and you can definitely see the connections to Sandman. The BBC did a mini-series out of it, which I'm really curious to see. His newest novel American Gods is really good, too, if you like this one.

I want to see White Noise, too. No matter what the NY Times says.

11:11 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Ha, Jen, I'm glad you know who he is! That gives added legitimacy since it did come sort of unexpectedly into my in-box.

I'm glad it sounds like you guys are enjoying the site, so I'm glad I put it up.

I'm glad that I got a positive recommendation for Neverwhere -- I am excited (albeit, behind on my reading already!)

Oh, and Hebdomeros, I'm with you -- one member of my potential movie-going posse that I was assembling to go see "White Noise" balked because of the NY Times review -- eff that. I'm still going!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home