Sunday, May 29, 2005

Neverland

Was out of town for part of the weekend, and still addicted to the online video game... ah yes, so much constructive behavior, I know. I finally got a new DVD player so I was able to finally watch the movie "Finding Neverland," which has been sitting here unwatched for so long.

Great movie, quite the tearjerker, but I have to say one of the themes, having an inappropriate muse, hit close to home. I'm betting it's rather common. Life is so complicated...

So here we are on the brink of summer doldrums and I'm wondering about all those submissions I still have out. What happens to them? It's kind of frustrating knowing as I do that the summer period for fiction is always slow and agonizing. I guess it's just about time to send out some gentle reminders... of course at least one of the magazines I submitted to already was sent a gentle reminder, and, of course, never responded.

Perhaps it's time to just knock that one off the list and submit elsewhere. But to where?

Does anybody know of some good leads for magazines that continue to read during the summer? I know Gargoyle magazine is one of the few that solely reads during the summer, and they will be on my hit list this year. Other than that I'm going to have to do some serious research into the markets that read during summer.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you're all having a great Memorial Day weekend...

LLB

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have a list of summer-reading magazines compiled by another writer-friend. I'll look around for it and send.

7:05 PM  
Blogger asianpixie said...

I have to watch "Finding Neverland" again. We saw it on the plane, but the screen was really far away and only one side of the headphones worked. I know I missed a lot because it was the third movie and I was dozing off here and there.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Mmmmm....online gaming. I was victim to that world for awhile. I played a mafia-style one that I got a little too obsessive over.

I'll have to dig through my files and see what I can find for summer mags.

1:18 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thanks guys, I would totally appreciate any good list you had! that would be awesome. I was just thinking today... of the submissions that aren't out and wondering if there's no shot at getting too much done this summer.

asianpixie, I'm sure you were exhausted by the third movie! It was good though, I do recommend it... even if it was a tearjerker!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

It sure is quiet on the internet without you!

Finding Neverland - I am so glad I watched that movie after the interminable movie about those Baudelaire Twins. I cried too.

11:20 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

I know you aren't dead.

8:59 PM  
Blogger asianpixie said...

I know you aren't dead either! SOMEBODY has been playing instead of blogging!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah! Where are you??? I miss ya...

3:36 PM  
Blogger gridtalker said...

nice read. check out Coupon World

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey LadyLitBlitzin. Nice blog. Check out my site elliott wave. It's got lots of info on elliott wave.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey LadyLitBlitzin. Nice blog. You may want to check out daytradingcourse. It's got lots of info on daytradingcourse.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, LadyLitBlitzin. There's an interesting site about future options at future options.

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey LadyLitBlitzin. Nice blog. You may want to check out elliott wave. It's got lots of info on elliott wave.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey LadyLitBlitzin. Nice blog. You may want to check out tickquest neoticker. It's got lots of info on tickquest neoticker.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, LadyLitBlitzin. There's an interesting site about currency day trading at currency day trading.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very nice post about the Neverland , LadyLitBlitzin try to keep it up to date because it seems one of the few interesting blogs on the internet! I would like to tell you to visit my website that is about risultati scommesse . Only the best informations about risultati scommesse !

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello LadyLitBlitzin ! You built a really nice blog, congratulations! I would like to advise you my website about scommesse . Only scommesse !

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good info. Thanks.

Regards,
Stock Options Trader
trading study course

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my stock portfolio site.
Have a good day!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home