Monday, May 02, 2005

So Much...

So much for the two things this weekend that I felt were justifying my writerliness -- I made a submission but neglected to notice their limits on word counts and so... it's already back to the drawing board!

However, I heartily recommend submitting to Pindeldyboz for their automated response, if nothing else. It's hilarious. (Just don't forget to check that limit on words for Web submissions!)

Over the weekend I saw my first IMAX movie, "Into the Deep." It's playing at the Smithsonian (if you're a DC type) and I have to say, I had NO IDEA these movies were so damn cool. It was in 3D and while they give you some goofy glasses that you can't take home, the 3D is awesome. I mean really. I wanted to put my hand out in parts, it was so realistic.

Anyhoo... hope everybody had great weekends! Watch out for the weather's crazed mood swings.

LLB

7 Comments:

Blogger sumandatta said...

i watched the polar express on IMAX 3D at hyderabad yesterday. way cool man...add 3D to almost alive animated characters and u really get a feel for how far technology has reached!

3:54 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hi Sumandatta, thanks for stopping by! Wow, I had no idea that polar express was IMAX 3D... I'll bet that was cool!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

My first Imax was the sequel to Fantasia...Fatasia 2000 I think it was called. I saw it again on a regular screen, and I felt like I was watching it on t.v.

Pindeldyboz owes me a response :( They're a month over due. Good mag, though.

11:00 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Ooh, that IMAX movie sounds cool.

I find it entertaining that we all tend to have stories submitted to the same places at times.... like you've got one at Pindeldyboz (I only wish I did, apparently) and Jen just accepted by Failbetter and I have sent one to them...

Good luck with the response! I hate overdueness. But you knew that already! ;)

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first Imax experience was when I went to Space Camp in 4th grade down in Huntsville, AL. We'd see a different Imax movie almost every night I was there. Frick'n awesome. (in that geeky-fun sort of way :) )I'd love to see something like Crouching Tiger or even Star Wars on Imax. Can you just imagine the sense-overload?

Congrats to Jen, btw, for her acceptance! Yay!

4:06 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Wow, how long has Imax been around?? Sheesh, I feel like I just started hearing about it recently...

You're absolutely right, it would be really cool to see some more entertaining things as Imax movies. I mean, the movie was great but it was sooo educational... ha.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a awesome blog! "So Much..." WOW!

I've got on article submission script related info.

Come see when you can.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home