Friday, May 27, 2005

Life in Hell!

Just kidding, it's not as bad as all that. I don't know if some of you who are more prolific bloggers than I manage to just have nothing to say sometimes for protracted periods of time. Even us writers need a break once in a while, and I do write every day for work... I suppose it's damn lucky that I even ever touch a keyboard when I get home.

I hope everybody has fun plans for Memorial Day. I'm actually staying pretty low key -- last couple weeks have been pretty busy although I am going to the mountains with my parental units.

Reading-wise, I haven't done much of it. I just recently finished Stiff and then I launched into Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I don't think I ever read the whole thing, even though I knew I loved his writing style. But I'm pretty sure I have only read articles or snippets... There's also the fact that I had Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail and one of my ex-boyfriends absconded with it. I think I need to learn to read a book first before lending it to any boyfriends who are flight risks. Hahaha.

So anyway, yeah, I've gotten into a bit of a non-fiction phase at the moment... (if you can exactly call gonzo journalism non-fiction, but anyway...)

Anyway, I hope everybody's doing well, and happy writing,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

I find the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is sit in front of the computer more. So that's why I blog at work (sshhh...)

10:03 AM  
Blogger maikopunk said...

i'm hardly a prolific blogger (not a fish for compliments, just the sad, shriveled truth), but I do definitely go through periods when I don't have much to announce. Do you get that "guilty feeling" too, like should I post something "eh" to churn the waters a bit and rev up the site counter, or should I wait until I can think of something good and beautiful and at least halfway interesting?
are you enjoying fear and loathing? I found it was a book to just go with, kind of like On the Road, without trying to figure out too much.
I swing wildly between fiction and non-fiction these days... if I can find someone who can tell me a good story, who cares if its truth or lies?

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home