Sunday, April 03, 2005

Apologies

Hi everybody,

I've been extremely remiss. Last week was a tough week with work, and I was pretty exhausted every day. It wasn't too conducive to blogging whatsoever. On Monday at work I found out that a monthly task was due this past week, and of course, it would have been nice to know it was coming the week before... but in a way I guess it's good because the knowledge would have sort of ruined my 3-day weekend because I would have been either stressing about it all weekend or working on it during my time off. But that also meant that this past week was overly busy.

In the interim, that issue of Black Clock I complained about did arrive, so that was good. Folio rejected the story I had in to them. Form rejection. I like it when they give you a subscription slip with your form rejection when they don't even sign a name to the thing. That's some killer marketing. Haha.

Next up, I found out on Matt Kirkpatrick's site that there will be a launch party for Barrelhouse at the Big Hunt in Dupont Circle in D.C. He will be reading along with other writers whose work appeared in the first issue of the magazine. Unfortunately, I will have to miss it, because I will be out of town that weekend. I'm visiting with some good friends who are about to have Newborn #2, and once Newborn #2 comes, of course it'll be a while before they can receive guests, so I can't really reschedule. But anybody in the D.C. area might want to consider checking it out.

Meanwhile, The Happy Booker has been having some great mystery guests recently -- unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep up with all my blog business too well recently. She also pointed me in the direction of yet another D.C.-based literary blog.

Okay, this is of course the sound of me trying to catch up. More to follow, but a friend of mine is taking me out Monday night for early birthday celebration, so it might be a day or two, but I'll try to be better!

Hope everybody is well,

LLB

5 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

No apologies needed - sometimes I too feel like taking a break but I'm afraid everyone will stop reading...

3:12 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy birthday, Lady LitBlitz! We're going to have cake when we finally get out to dinner! Oh, and tell me what you got! (I always just want to get something accepted to a prestigious journal. And some new car mats.)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you do something fun.

11:56 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Oops, I should let you guys know, my bday is not till next week! But, apparently the celebrations are starting already.

My friend is taking me to see David Sedaris tonight. I'm not familiar but have heard he is very funny.

I also know my parents are giving me a 20 GB iPod. YAY! But I have to wait a little more than a week for it.

Thanks everybody!!! Yes, Jen, we definitely have to do that dinner!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

May as well join the bandwagon: happy early birthday! :)

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home