Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Favorite Bookstores?

I was just browsing Paumanok Review's Web site and saw on the news page that the editor is looking for pieces on favorite bookstores. I know some of you have favorite bookstores so I thought it might interest you guys.

I also have to recommend submitting there to anyone who's interested. Just because editor Katherine Arline always does such an amazing job with it, and she's a joy to work with. (I have had a piece published there, though it was last year.) I think she does a lot for new writers and I can't recommend the site highly enough.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

3 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Interesting idea.

Although I enjoy the fancier stores, my fave bookstore is probably 2nd Story Books in Dupont Circle (Downtown Washington, D.C. for anyone out of the area). They always have an unusual selection of popular fiction and hard to find literary stuff. When I go inside a regular bookstore I usually go in with a purpose. But there I just browse for an hour or more at at time.

A great place to find hidden treasures. I discovered Borges, Bataille, and

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little late in posting, but of all the bookstores I've ever been to (& that's plenty), Powell's in Portland is most awesome. New, used, 1st editions, three floors ... I mean, we're talking lost afternoons here. If you're ever in Portland, it's a must-visit. Of course you can visit their website, but that's like comparing a book to an e-book.

There's also a fantastic book store in the heart of South Street in Philly (umm, it might even be called South Street Books, but I can't remember) - also worth your time.

I wish there were bookstores like these in Baltimore...
-Amy

6:04 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yay Amy! I'm so glad you stopped by!! :)

That sounds like a really awesome bookstore. You should write an essay about it and send it to Paumanok!

It definitely sounds like someplace I'd like to hit if I ever make my way to Portland... hmm, I wonder if that's where my friend Jim worked when he lived there...

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home