Sunday, March 13, 2005

Who, Me? Write?

All right, this weekend has been some kind of escapist, consumer-spending-frenzy weekend. Sheesh. I was utterly tired -- I guess still coming down from last week's trip. I spent tons of money yesterday, then watched "Napoleon Dynamite" last night (catching up with my Netflix queue). Then today, I went to the movies and saw Wes Craven's newest, "Cursed." (Liked it! Perfectly predictable but it's like, you get what you ask for, in terms of a werewolf movie. Nothing less, even if it's nothing that you might not expect.) Also saw a trailer for a new Tim Burton piece, much like "Nightmare Before Christmas," called "Corpse Bride," with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. Like, the goth dream team.

I have work I have to do for work that I've put off the entire time. It's not looking too promising that I might get any done tonight but I've got to at least start research... sigh.

I hope everybody had a great weekend and maybe got more constructive stuff done!

Thanks for reading,

LLB

6 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

Corpse Bride? Sounds like my kind of thing. And it's got Johnny Depp to boot...

The "goth dream team" - hilarious!

We watched Bride & Prejudice last night. I don't know why Jane Austen movies don't live up to the books. But it was colourful & fun. :)

Pooped tonight and found myself in a group of irritating people - loud brash girls who got all the male attention, while I simply wowed the crowds with my spelling (we were playing Cranium). Absolutely pooped so maybe that's why I am humourless tonight...I think I am going to stick with watching movies...

2:24 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hee hee, doesn't it sound great? I can't wait. Of course it's claymation type stuff, so not really the true Johnny Depp experience...

I want to see Bride & Prejudice, I need to get on that...

I could do without the brash loud girls who get all the attention but I'm glad you wowed them all with your spelling! Screw brash loud girls. ;)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Finally, I can leave a message here.

I am a little disappointed in Corpse Bride, but on another level so excited that it's claymation!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I've been wondering about Cursed, kind of wanting to see it but afraid I'd be let down. Sounds like it's worth at least a matinee.

How did I miss the news on a movie called Corpse Bride? Sounds great!

1:55 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

The claymation definitely looks very cool!

Yeah, Cursed is definitely worth a matinee, at least in my humble opinion. And I would have thought there would have been more buzz about Corpse Bride too... odd!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Well, we'll use our blogger power to raise the profile of Corpse Bride...that really is a cool name!

Btw, Wallace & Gromit have a feature length film (Wallace & Gromit & the Were-Rabbit) coming out.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home