Tuesday, March 01, 2005

No Sour Grapes Here

All right, I found the voting site for the StorySouth Million Writers Award -- here's where you read the stories and vote. (In case you forgot, one of my stories was nominated, but didn't make Notable Stories, nor the Top 10, obviously.)

Sooo... among the Top Ten stories are a piece by Dave Housley, of Barrelhouse fame, and a story by Alicia Gifford, one of my favorite writers whose work I ever ran across on Zoetrope's online writing community. I loved her stuff and had a funny feeling even then, years ago, that she was gonna go places.

Anyway, there it is. Seriously, from those that I do recognize (before having read all the stories yet), maybe I'm glad I didn't make the grade. That's some tough competition!

Thanks for reading,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I recognize about half the names, so I wouldn't feel bad at all. Terry Bisson, for example, is a pretty widely published novelist and editor of s/f books. Feel in good company, though. The nomination might even be worth mentioning on some cover letters.

1:47 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, I've been mentioning it in a few of the cover letters I've sent since I learned I was nominated... although it would have held more water if I had made the Notable Stories cut... ah well. :)

Tough competition and there were 1,200 nominees!

But yeah, you and I are on the same page with the nomination...

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home