Monday, February 14, 2005

Recommendation

All right, so even this is a writing-related blog, it sure doesn't hurt to talk music once in a while. Over the weekend, during my consumer spending frenzy, I picked up "eMOTIVe" by A Perfect Circle. It's an album that consists mostly of covers, with the themes of war, greed, and peace.

I wouldn't say every track blows the doors off, but it's pretty damn good regardless (in my humble opinion, of course). There's an eerie, pondersome version of Lennon's "Imagine," as well as covers of Black Flag's "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie," Depeche Mode's "People are People," and the like. Best of all, a kick-ass rendition of Fear's "Let's Have a War," as well as an awesome song called "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums."

Anyway, I just wanted to share.

Also, I had quite the weekend, writing-wise. Er, didn't actually write, but I can say that just about all my viable stories that aren't still works in progress have been submitted now. It's about 7 or 8 that are out there. So, fingers crossed. For a while there I had gotten terribly behind on the business of submitting, so it's good to feel like I can sit back for a while now.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I've heard the version of "Imagine" and like it a lot. Perfect Circle's a pretty strong band. I've been debating buying that album for awhile, so I'm glad to know it's good. Thanks for the pointer.

11:37 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, I did hear that "Imagine" is getting radio plan (or did get radio play, at any rate). A lot of the stuff is too edgy to get radio play (some of it's mellow though). I think it's really good...! So yeah, recommended!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, I've got everything waiting in the cue. The waiting is the hardest part, then it'll be all over at once. Kerplunk! Back to the drawing board. Actually, one journal I was accepted to last month had their server go down and they lost all of their submissions. I just resent it, but I have no idea when it'll go up now. Or maybe they'll read it again and decide to reject it this time around! It all feels so ominous.

1:49 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Gosh Jen, that's so weird. Let me know when it goes live though! I'm sure they won't turn around and reject it!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home