Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentines Day!

And so, it was a rainy, foggy Valentines Day night, much like this one, about 7 years ago, when I struggled on a 2 hour rush-hour commute (should have been forty minutes, but ended up being that long because of the traffic and the inclement weather), when I arrived at my boyfriend's group house, only to find that the romantic evening wasn't going to be as romantic as I thought. He announced that he had dropped acid with his friend (male friend) which gave me the distinct impression that that guy was actually his real (albeit non-romantic) Valentine, and not me.

Granted, I guess he felt bad about that little debacle when he took me out to dinner the following year, and gave me a big bouquet of flowers, sans mind-altering drugs.

And we wonder why Valentines Day kind of makes me mad? I can't say I've had too many nice ones.

Anyway, I hope that everyone's having a nice Valentines Day! And that your lovers are living up to expectations. :) And if you currently don't have lovers, that you're happy with the wonderful person that you are, and know you know for sure you're not putting up with any BS next time around! ;)

LLB

3 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

I've not had too many good ones either. I once broke up with someone the day before Valentine's (he had "things" going on with other girls so I made a pre-emptive strike and dumped him). The next night he got a date and, someone told me, the date didn't just accept a first date kiss, she also reciprocated down south.

That was not a good Valentine's for me.

He gloated for a few days, until she dumped him two weeks later and broke his heart.

I am irritated that you haven't had any good Valentine's! Really, you should spend the next one with me in Italy...those guys know how to appreciate a woman. ;)

10:20 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Oh man, that's a terrible situation that you described... I swear guys can be the worst, and Valentines Day can definitely bring out the worst in them!

Haha, a Valentines Day in Italy, now that sounds like a plan! :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Though late spring is nicer in Italy. But still, we need at least one memorable Valentine's Day this lifetime.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home