Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Lost Weekend

Ever have a weekend where everything seems to go wrong? I guess it all started going wrong on Friday night, when I certainly didn't get much sleep. I woke up at 3am, and then at 5am there was a fire alarm in my apartment building and I got mauled by the cat (she freaked out at the prospect of the cat carrier). That scratch has been bleeding all weekend.

Anyway, so Saturday ended up being constantly running late and feeling out of sorts. I did have Japanese food with a friend, caught "Hide and Seek," stopped by another friend's juried art show where she had a piece in it, and then my roommate took me to dinner at a great restaurant in Old Town. It was a nice day but one of those days that just doesn't stop.

So, I have gotten nothing related to fiction accomplished. Over the last couple days, I did send a submission to Five Points and requested a free sample copy of WordWrights! And, was rejected by Missouri Review, pretty handily in fact. (It did take a few days longer than their requisite 15 business days, but not by much.)

Today I have to do some writing for work. Last week I just didn't get everything done, unfortunately. So I'll have my nose to the metaphorical grindstone for the Superbowl -- usually I have plans but for some reason, this year it was just not to be.

Hope everybody's having a great weekend,

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Darn cat.

Sophomore year in college I lived in the dorms with a bunch of pot smokers and one crazy and very illegal cat named Cassidy. We had to sneak the cat out in a backpack everytime the fire alarm went off. Which was probably once a week, and usually at 3 am. We all got our fair share of scratches.

Good luck with Five Points!

1:17 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hey Hebdomeros,

That's too funny. A friend of mine in college also had an illegal cat in the dorm that would get sneaked out in the backpack. I don't think he got scratched much though... it was a nicer kitty.

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't have blogged about it except that it's more like a knife cut than a scratch. It's pretty horrible, really deep. I feel like I'm being a pansy, but it's nasty. I just realized today there's a splash of blood on my bedroom door because it was 5am and my hand was bleeding. Nice weekend, eh. ;)

Thanks for the good luck... I doubt I'll get anywhere with Five Points but it's worth a shot. It was one of those dreaded "paper submissions" I love so much, but it was that story I described as my "crown jewel." :)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

The best argument for hmasters.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

That should have been "hamster."

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home