Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Whiny Wednesday...

I returned to work today and felt like a pile of rubble had fallen on my head. Well just in the fact that some stuff had gone on without my knowledge (seeing how I was in my sickbed Monday and Tuesday, other than brief bouts on this blog). Nothing terrible, I just felt like somehow I had missed a lot and was sort of panicked and stressed all day. Then I ended up the day by taking on some new responsibilities.

Nervous breakdown, here I come! Hee hee, just kidding.

Anyway, that's my own problem that I didn't feel well and things got backlogged. I just felt like whining about it.

In other news... there's not much. I got an anticipated rejection from Kenyon Review -- yeah, I didn't really expect to be accepted there. It was a nice rejection of the "form" variety. I have other responses that are due as well. It's one of those pockets of time when a bunch are due. Always great for the old self esteem. ;)

Thanks for reading,

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

Must be a universal downer day. I just deleted a mopey me post over on my blog. 'Nuff said.

3:04 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, I think it's been a downer week; I'll be glad when it's behind me. I saw on the news the other day that Jan. 24 is the most depressing day of the year. There are several variables, including the crappy weather and holiday debt that isn't paid off yet. YAY! ;) (Not that I believe everything on the news, oh no... and that segment really made me think of one of those days when they're just grasping at straws for something to say!)

Cheer up -- the week's almost over and it all gets better from here darn it! :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

The holidays are usually a stressful time for me, so I'm typically glad when they're gone. Aside from an unusual number of headaches, January's treated me pretty well. And now that we're close to the end of the month, it means Groundhog day is right around the corner! Nothing like a made-up holiday to increase Pennsylvania tourism to shake off those winter blues.

10:41 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, the groundhog mania really cracks me up. I wish I could pronounce his name. (Don't get me wrong, Phil is easy enough! Ha.)

It is wicked cold though. I thought my lungs were going to freeze right in my chest!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home