Saturday, January 22, 2005

Let it Snow

I kind of like when the forecast is for a snow storm, even on the weekend. (During the week, the office rarely closes, I'd be more likely to just work at home.) But on the weekend, it's pretty much, well, I'm staying in and I'm totally justified to do so.

So last night, I felt prepared. Food? Check. Snacks? Check. Diet Coke? Check. Cigarettes? Check. Logs for a fire in the fireplace? Check. A book to read? Check. Some Netflix movies? Check. Some movies stored up on TiVo? Check.

I've got my needs pretty much accounted for, although an extra 12-pack of diet Coke might have been nice. Oh well, there's also plenty of coffee and tea here too.

Lack of power might be a downside in my plans, of course. However, I have this killer lantern that throws off a lot of light and, again, I could always light a fire for warmth. And I don't think it's going to ice enough to prove to be a power concern.

And hey, maybe I'll even do a little bit of writing... I have a lot of time to myself, since my roommate went to visit her family in Philly... the day is MINE!

Anybody have special plans for the snowstorm?

Thanks for reading,

LLB

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Like you, I'm just staying in. I stocked up last night at Giant (food and drink) and CD Cellar (CDs!). I'm slightly pissed, though. I was kinda hoping to take a daytrip somewhere today, and if this storm had happened just one day later, I'd surely get a paid day off on Monday. Oh well.

A fire sounds super cozy right about now! Have fun.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I'm actually at work, and hoping the metro keeps running until 9 pm. Otherwise I'll have to sleep here. Plenty of food, though. Harry's bar will be open until 2 am, so no worries. If I get stuck, I might head there and load up on irish coffees.

3:08 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hey guys, I would say that today's snowstorm was a bit of a disappointment. Had I felt like going out there, it's looking to me like the roads weren't too bad and there definitely wasn't much snow to speak of. (My roommate up in Philly might not have fared so well.)

Jeff, congrats on the new CDs, that sounds fun. (And I hear you on the definite downside of weekend snow storms. I can't say I mind having a good excuse to work from home!)

And Hebdomeros, I am sorry to hear that you had to work today. That takes all the snowed-in fun out of things. However, I'm thinking there was no danger of you having to stay the night there...

2:05 AM  
Blogger Broadsheet said...

I made a similar post over at Broadsheet, but I subsituted wine for the diet coke! Oh - and fell asleep in front of the fireplace halfway through "Troy", and I must say Orlando Bloom beats Brad Pitt anyday.

11:00 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, Orlando Bloom... he is mighty fine! ;)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home