Monday, January 17, 2005

It's Snowing!

It's obscenely late on Sunday night (er, Monday morning) but I have Monday off SOooo... I watched "Requiem for a Dream" and then had to follow it up with "The Matrix" to cheer me up a little.

Damn, "Requiem for a Dream" -- I just have to say, damn! It brought me down and weirded me out and all that (well, "summer" wasn't so bad, but "fall" was tough and "winter" was relentless), but it was so good. I actually watched the beginning (uh, "summer") over again... and realized that's an ownable movie because of all the stuff you don't key into the first time. I guess I have been remiss by not having seen it before now. I remember hearing about it (vaguely)... truth is, I went through a few years where I was hardly watching any movies (other than, sad to admit, keeping up with the horror genre).

Anyway, I think the thing that moved me to write despite the late hour is I realized it's snowing! Well, it's a pathetic dusting of snow, but it has covered some cars outside. And since DC has seen NO snow so far this year, it seemed worthy as a blog entry before I collapse into bed. After all, if anyone went to sleep at a decent time tonight, they might have missed it and not even known it was out there...

Nighty night,

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I love Requieum, but yeah it is a depressing one. Have you seen the director's other movie, Pi? Very cool as well. Also deals with obsessions in a way. I think he's also doing the movie for the japanese comic Lone Wolf and Cub (which Road to Perdition was based on).

I'm jealous that you saw the snow. I went to bed around midnight, and missed it all. But we're supposed to get more than usual this winter, so I'm not worried.

11:03 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

I've heard that too, that we're supposed to get nailed with snow this winter. I guess there's still time... the rest of January, and February could be brutal. And I know there have been freak snowstorms in March too. It's just so hard to believe that last week, it was downright balmy...!

Requiem was really awesome. I did see Pi -- I liked it but felt like I didn't quite get it. I think I may need to just put it in my Netflix queue and rewatch it. I recall feeling a bit distracted the first time I saw it...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

It is a little disjointed, but considering it's his first feature lenght it's pretty damn good. It helped me that I had just finished reading Eco's Foucalt's Pendulum. It uses a lot of the same number-theory ideas.

10:27 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

You know, I remember I started Foucault's Pendulum and liked it but just couldn't get through it. (This was years ago.) Perhaps I should try again, though, sometime.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home