Sunday, January 30, 2005

Interesting... But Not

Ah, the disappointment. This month's Wired had an article that really enticed me with its headline: Why Right Brainers Will Rule the Future. For anyone who needs a refresher course, the right brain is the creative side of our processes.

The article just ended up being a sort of amorphous argument for why the left brainers are going to end up getting left out in the cold, economically speaking, since left brain tasks can so easily be exported for cheap labor. I guess the article did a good job of supporting its argument, but it didn't really explain how right brainers are going to become the new coveted brainiacs. There were a few half-assed examples, but... yawn.

Let's hope that such prediction also includes getting paid for literary endeavors. ;)

More exciting perhaps was the cute (albeit too young for my blood, but I'm just looking) Firefox guy on the cover, but so far the issue has failed to impress me too terribly much.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah, I read that article earlier this week and almost posted about it. I don't buy it. I mean, so everyone just needs to become arty and creative? Yeah right. Our country has a long history of failing to encourage creativity and artistic expression.

Here's the article, btw, for people who don't read the print edition: Revenge of the Right BrainOn the Firefox guy: You like the Kraftwerk type, eh? ;)

11:55 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thanks Jeff, I'm glad somebody else read it... it would be a nice world where the creative types were more highly coveted, but yeah, not sure I buy it (or that the article was such a good support case for the whole idea).

And thanks for linking -- I should have been a bit more enterprising!

As for the cover guy -- heh heh.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I see what the writer was going for, but it's almost like part of the article was chopped out. Either that or the writer doesn't have a good understanding about being creative.

Sorry for the tangent, but wasn't Kraftwerk supposed to have a comeback last year? I must have missed it.

5:42 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, it totally did seem like a huge chunk was missing. Like I said, I was way disappointed.

I have no idea if Kraftwerk made a comeback... it's hard to keep up with all the comebacks of recent years! I was likely completely distracted by the Pixies' "sellout tour." ;)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home