Sunday, February 13, 2005

Business As Usual

Okay, after my egocentric couple of days I'm getting back to normal. I'm sure once Feb. 15 comes around and I don't get into the finalists for that award, it will all be business as usual, hee hee. It was nice to be nominated though.

So today I went on a consumer frenzy (ugh) and did break down and buy this year's Novel and Short Story Writer's Market. I have been kind of mean about it recently because I found myself so irritated with some of the things that were wrong in last year's version, but I think I'm already finding that they've done a better job updating it this time around.

For one, I flipped it open and there was a listing for Gargoyle. That magazine has been around for what, more than 20 years and I've never seen it listed before, so it's a step in the right direction. So I'm feeling a bit more hopeful -- I haven't had a chance to peruse it yet, though, because after the consumer frenzy I had to go to a party.

It's a birthday party I go to every year, but the kind of party where you inevitably only know a mere handful of people, so it can be a bit painful. I did get to talk to an astronomer which was cool, but other than that just stuck with the people I already knew. However, I had a panic attack at the end, because this guy showed up who I gave my email address to last year when he asked, and I never emailed him back. I know, that's like the meanest thing somebody could do, and I feel like a terrible person -- there's some better way to handle that sort of thing, like just tell the person straight up that you're not interested, but I wimped out. So then I made myself even meaner by avoiding him tonight. Not really one of my finer moments, then or now.

I don't know why I'm sharing that information. Boy, my life is fun. ;)

Thanks for reading,

LLB

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knewed you wasn't goin to write back to me an so I found your webs site an will no all yur secret

Happy Valentimes Day

3:59 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

NICE! Hahaha.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home