Sunday, February 13, 2005

Jumping the Train

For any of you who wanted to try your hand at submitting to Night Train, the magazine's off hiatus and is now accepting submissions again as of this month, according to its Web site.

I also recently ordered the print edition of Barrelhouse, and it arrived via U.S. snail mail yesterday.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but the issue looks good from browsing through the pages. Ah, the wonders of desktop publishing. They've got a nice artistic look going on -- what they did with the layout of the pages kind of reminds me a bit of Tin House, in the effect that it doesn't look like a conservative literary quarterly. They got a little sassy with it.

I'll let you guys know how the issue is once I read it. I've still got a submission sitting over there with them, so we'll see how that goes as well. But it felt good to support a fledgling publication, at any rate.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Strangely, I'm not surprised by the comparison to Tin House. That's one of the first things I thought when I looked at their site the first time. Definitely blog about the issue after you read it. I'm really curious about it, particularly since they are local to D.C.

8:30 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Interesting, I didn't make the connection to Tin House from their Web site! The print version definitely does bring it to mind though.

I will definitely do a blog post on it!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home