Thursday, February 17, 2005

Black Clock

I checked out Black Clock's site and I have to say, it looks cool, and I'm certainly interested in getting my hands on a copy, though I've never run across it on any shopping excursions. I believe Hebdomeros has posted favorably about it in the past.

However, I was a little disappointed when it said on the Web site that there's no open call for submissions for Black Clock. That just got me a little riled up, as a writer. I know that there are many respected publications that mostly take agented fiction, or fiction from authors they solicit themselves, but for some reason, to so baldly state that they're not interested in perhaps finding some emerging new talent, just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe it's just me...

LLB

3 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

It's a new mag, and I'm guessing the editors are just trying to establish a name and style before opening it up. Of course, that might be wishful thinking.

The Borders in downtown D.C. carries it. I haven't seen it elsewhere, though.

2:19 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Maybe that's it -- its newness. I still want to check out a copy, that note on their web site just left a bad taste in my mouth.

5:36 PM  
Blogger girlzoot said...

Hard to make your own voice if you don't listen/read the writings of those that read your early work.

I can see where it would crank yer anger up to the top.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home