Saturday, February 26, 2005

Buyers Remorse

All right, I haven't been able to get much done lately but I am about to go get my new iBook (knock on wood). I'm already having a bit of buyers remorse and I haven't even bought it yet. It's just so much money to lay down and I don't even have the full amount of cash so I'm going to have to use the credit card and then pay off as much of that portion as possible... but it certainly stands to reason that there are times when you've just got to bite the bullet. I kind of feel like if I don't do it now, it will just never get done. I have already explained ad nauseum that I have known I needed a new computer for years now, so there's no time like the present.

Hopefully I can get it set up with a minimum of trouble. But I know I may be computerless for a time.

LLB

6 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

I'll miss you! Hurray back!

11:38 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

I'm back! I love my new computer!!! Of course, I still have a knot in my stomach from the expense of it and I have been working for two days getting it up to speed and still have more things to do with it.

And, I have to do some work for day job to get ahead of an avalanche of work! Sigh...

I'm so glad to be back though, and on modern equipment, no less!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

See? Even my "hurry back" came out as a "hurray back" - it was a sign!

I'm so glad we haven't lost you for days. I come to your page every day.

I know how it is about getting the computer looking good.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Grrrr...I'm jealous. I may be the only person I know not to get a new computer this year. I'm hoping to save up enough for a memory upgrade, though.

Enjoy it, though. OSX is real nice, and so is Safari. What color did you get?

11:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations! I hate parting with money as well, especially to update technology. I finally got Word 2003 over the weekend because a client will begin using it (5-year-old Word 2000 was just fine by me), and I'm glad that I was forced to buy it. It runs much more smoothly with XP and, as a result, the computer runs faster.

Did you get it for personal or business?

2:56 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hebdomeros, I'm sorry you're not getting a new one! I got a white iBook, could I have gotten another color? I actually don't like white, I don't really know why Apple is obsessed with white equipment...

Jen, I hear you. I had an ancient version of Word on my old Mac that worked just fine. But now I got new stuff... figured might as well. It's for personal and business...sometimes I work at home and although I can't use it for all my work stuff, it's fine in a pinch (as long as I have Word, ha).

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home