Thursday, February 24, 2005

Yes, I'm a Loser!

Yeah... what a week. Why am I a loser? I didn't make the Notable Stories in the storySouth Million Writers competition. Just kidding -- I know it was good to be nominated.

Why else am I a loser? I missed my long-awaited reunion dinner with Jen on Tuesday. This cold has lasted more than a week, and I still felt crappy Tuesday (and canceled all extracurricular activities for this week as of Tuesday when I realized I wasn't even going to make it through a full day's work, much less dinner out). I haven't done a full day's work since LAST Tuesday because of the cold. And maybe some of you have noticed that I haven't even been blogging... I've been coughing, blowing my nose constantly, and exhausted.

So, everybody, avoid getting whatever it is that's been going around, it's a killer.

LLB

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Aw. Hope you feel better. I'll OD on echinacea before I catch that!

10:35 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thanks Jeff! Yeah, I'd definitely OD on echinacea, vitamin C, the works, if I were you! This bug sucks.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well, I expect to see you 100% better this Tuesday, ma'am! Being as K is still sick, it probably worked out for the best that I was able to hang around here as shift nurse another evening. I hear vitamin E is actually better for colds than vitamin C, although I forget why (and they'll probably change that too, soon enough). Wait, vitamin C is good for colds, or was that caffeine, or maybe crack?

2:19 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Poor K! It sounds like she and I have the same thing. I can't tell you how many boxes of tissues I have gone through, and these days I fully recommend Puffs with Lotion. Kleenex -- my nose was tattered. Also, for the last week, I've been a certified "mouth breather." Oh Lord, it sucks!

I will definitely be better for Tuesday -- I can't wait to see you, and I also have to add, it will be nice to see you and actually be able to carry on a normal conversation!

Ha, crack, I think, is the answer. Hee...

4:42 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Hope you get better soon...too pooped on this end to write more...

4:23 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I've been a slacker blogger/writing wise too. But I don't have the excuse of a germ invasion.

Feel better soon.

8:56 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thanks guys! I hope you both stay well. Germ invasion... it sucks!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home