Saturday, March 12, 2005

House of Tears and Trauma

Jen was right. A while back she posted about how sad House of Sand and Fog was. I watched it anyway. Damn, I was traumatized and I still am. I blubbered like a heartbroken child, tears soaking my face. And I like to think of myself as someone who just doesn't cry over movies. (Although here lately, it has been happening a bit more commonly, and recently, over a movie that wasn't even the least bit sad, I guess it's some weird effect of age. But that was just a small tear, I have to add. Not this kind of torrent of salty emotion.)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Jen issued the same warning... do not watch this movie unless you want to be haunted with sadness and have a giant cry! It was intense. Really intense.

LLB

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hah, I wish I could take credit for warning you, but I haven't seen the House of Sand and Fog yet (although, like you, I have been warned about it). No, the most depressing films I have ever seen were Last Exit to Brooklyn and Requiem for a Dream (mayb e you're confusing with that Jennifer Connelly film)?

6:54 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

YES! That's it. You must have mentioned Requiem for a Dream... which I loved, but it was sad too... maybe you said you had read House of Sand and Fog?

It just knocked me out, I bawled.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

It's a great book, and also very depressing. I keep meaning to see the movie, but everytime I'm at Blockbuster I'm usually more in the mood for something light.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home