Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Big Easy

Well, I left work today with quite a feeling of well-being, seeing how I got all my work done so that I could safely go on vacation to New Orleans tomorrow (Thursday). I'm not much of a traveler, and I don't think I realized that there would be a palpable sense of relief that I will be truly "away from it all," off the hook, etc... it was a good feeling, actually. I guess I have to actually GO somewhere more often. It's been quite some time. Most of my vacations are spent at home resting and doing whatever the hell I want to do... but I think I'm realizing that I also still think a lot about work when I have a few days at home yawning ahead of me.

So yeah, basking in that glow of well-being I did some errands and came home. Honestly I've done less preparation than I should have, having decided maybe I should load a bunch of my CDs onto my new computer so to choose favorite songs to put on my iPod Shuffle. (I guess that kind of is packing for the trip -- packing music that is.) Have I mentioned that now that I have this Shuffle I want a full-grown iPod now? For God's sake, would someone pay me for one of my short stories, about $400 would be nice. ;)

Anyway, since it's a fairly whirlwind trip, I don't think there's that much preparation really left other than throwing a few more items into bags, remembering a journal and my digital camera. I'll catch you guys on the flip side!

Thanks for reading,

LLB

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Cool! Have fun and be safe. Drink one of those liquor slurpees for me. And watch out for the voodoo. ;)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Have a great time. New Orleans is a great city. Keep an eye open for Poppy Z in all the eateries.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Have a nice trip. New Orleans sounds wonderful! Enjoy!

9:49 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thanks guys! New Orleans was wonderful... and yeah, Hebdomeros, I wanted to see Poppy Z but didn't... saw that she's doing a book signing there in April, ah well... well I had a blast but I am going to go to bed soon. I am exhausted! Thanks again...

10:17 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Traveling lights up a mysterious candle within. Looking forward to reading your luminance and shadows.

11:58 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hi Patina,

Thanks... I jotted down some notes but I am quite certain I didn't convey the magic that is in New Orleans. Thanks for coming by!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home