Sunday, March 20, 2005

Nothing New Under the Sun

Hey sorry I've been gone a few days... it was a tough week what with all the decision making (not that I was making the decision but I was definitely sort of involved in thinking it all through and definitely stressing about it) -- my roommate has decided NOT to move to India this year, but to wait till next year. Phew! That gives me another year to figure out my options. However, I have still been facing the aftermath of the stress all week... it hasn't been easy.

Saturday night I went out with coworkers for a birthday... a rare foray into the world of other people's drunkenness since we went down to Georgetown and had dinner and then went dancing. I guess the thing that struck me was the strange guy who commanded the dance floor by himself, drunk as all get out but definitely busting some moves. It was kind of funny b/c he really got the place started up and then never really got any credit for being the guy who went out there and started shaking his stuff and getting everybody out there. Like the ice breaker dancer. Too funny. I'm guessing he has a serious headache and is very sore now.

The musical taste was not my style but the company was good. However, I'm sure that my companions are feeling pretty rough at the moment. I'm feeling pretty rough and I didn't even drink! Just to say I had a rare foray into the outside world and now I'm feeling it. Ha. Not to mention, I seemed to spend all Saturday not doing much but somehow gearing myself up for the night -- and getting ready. I guess I do need to get out more when it becomes that much of a production to push myself out the door.

LLB

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, I've become so weird and introverted at times I obssess about the particular event (dinner, night out, etc) and its impact on my life for days beforehand and then can't wait to get home to analyze the said event in the safety of my own mind instead of just being in the moment and enjoying it. We writers are such head cases.

8:48 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Jen, you're preaching to the choir. It's unbelievable really... like I have to sit around and think about all the ways it could go right or go wrong and steel myself for all the variables of what could happen... when my god, none of us never really know what's going to happen. And yeah, then later, I sit around thinking, "Oh my God, did I really say THAT?" and "Hmm, did this person think that I was doing blah-blah?" It's ridiculous when most people do live in the moment and cut other people much more slack than we probably realize. And just live in the moment and don't give things a second thought! Sigh...

10:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

ah.....projection.

I could live such a normal life if it were not for this wonderful gift of being able to write in my head fifty thousand conversations and the outcome. Which is why I have to do yoga, meditation...so I am not living two weeks in advance of the day.

And then I think, should I be normal or should I go ahead and be me?

11:02 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Be you. Normal should just be a city in Idaho, and never a state of being.

2:07 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Indeed, what the hell IS normal?

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home