Monday, March 28, 2005

The Black Clock's Ticking

Okay, so waiting has definitely been the theme recently. And I know, I have to remember that patience is a virtue.

However, long, long ago, I sent a check to Black Clock for a copy of the magazine. (Kind of pointless since they only take solicited submissions -- meaning you lowly peons can't just send to them unless they ask, so it's not exactly great market research.) Anyway, I'm still waiting. Tick tock!

On a better note, Fiction Warehouse rejected me quite handily, with an extremely form rejection. Rock on! At least I'm not sitting around on tenterhooks about that one.

I sense sometime soon I am gonna come up with a great rant about something that isn't me waiting for stuff. ;) I'm kinda working my way into that kind of mood. Plus this other stuff is getting into broken record territory. I'd better actually start talking about records or something.

Write on,

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger girlzoot said...

Rants are always good. How many of you babies do you actually send out at a time? As a woman that can't even string two sentences together lately, the idea of having stuff read by strangers for publication just fascinates me right now.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

It shure is quiet when Lady Litblitzin isn't around...

5:54 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Heh, I threaten a rant and then I disappear! Sorry, it's been that kind of week, for sure!

Girlzoot, I usually have about 7 separate stories out, and only to one market apiece. It's inefficient -- lots of people target markets that allow simultaneous submissions, so they can, say, have the same story at 5 different mags or something, but I tend to go the way that's easiest for me to keep straight -- just one at a time. Which might explain why I'm always so immpatient and cranky about my submissions!

Now, if a publication abuses me and it's just been way too long, I'll send the story elsewhere after I send the first mag a letter saying I've sent it to another market.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home