Friday, March 25, 2005

The Passing of the Stick

Hey guys, Matt Kirkpatrick passed me the stick! So here we go!

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be? (Assuming this is the question about burning a book...)
Marquis de Sade's collection, I believe it's called Philosophy of the Bedroomand included stories like Justine. Burn, baby burn. I read it in college, and it was the only book I ever read that I wanted to burn. Generally I have a pretty open mind to all kinds of craziness, and I'm pretty sure (ha) that his stuff was really symbolic of other philosophical ideas and a reaction to the times, but damn, I just found it all incredibly unpleasant. Too unpleasant even for my own often misanthropic ways...

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Hmm. I suppose there was probably a time when I had a crush on Anne Rice's Lestat, as sad and obviously former goth THAT is. I can't think of a more recent fiction crush.

The last book you bought is:
Um, Ghosts of New Orleans. On my trip. Technically, that would be the last book! Other than that, there's my recent shipment from Amazon of Scar Tissue,, Gargoyle No. 48, and Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link.

The last book you read:
Either Scar Tissue or Columbia, if you count it as a book and not a magazine.

What are you currently reading?
Gargoyle No. 48. I've got quite a little theme going here!

Five books you would take to a deserted island:

-- McSweeney's Mammoth Treasury of Thrilling Tales. I know I have some serious reservations about how McSweeney's treatment of writers but have to admit that anthology rocked.
-- Neuromancer by William Gibson. Love that book.
-- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Twisted.
-- An issue of Gargoyle. A lot there to keep one entertained and sharp. Haha.
-- Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Of course, it would be a bit disturbing to have on a desert island, but...

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

Hebdomeros
Jen
Maktaaq

The reason why is the same for all three -- they're all three writers and readers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

Done!

11:53 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Nice! Thank you Maktaaq!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home