Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Rock and Roll!

I went to see the Pixies last night, and I guess I jinxed it with my last blog post, because they did not play "Into the White," which I had hoped for. Oh well... It was a great show, although I must say there were certain surreal elements, like the fact that the venue I was at was selling cotton candy, lemondade and sno-cones.

However, Pixies rocked -- there were a few times when they weren't so tight, though whatever. It's the Pixies, dammit. The tee-shirts say "Pixies Sellout Tour," which cracks me up. I had a great time, even though I feel decadent, having taken off work in the beginning of the week so that I could travel to see the show and see my friends, which was nice too -- hanging with friends, and like I said, the open road. Oh well, December's a slow time at work, anyway, and I can say I've gone out and done something fun. Although I do have to say, I am really beginning to feel my age, seeing how I was totally exhausted today and the ride back to my friends' house (100 miles or so?) was brutal after the show... however, despite my advanced age, I still don't use ear plugs. ;) I'm probably just a little more deaf today.

I read a little further in McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber... hopefully soon I will finish with it, in order to review it here.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

LLB

8 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

That's real fan dedication, driving that far for a show. But it sounds like it was worth it, good to hear that Frank and the rest are still going strong. Richmond's a fun town, too, if you know where to look.

6:17 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, actually, the show was in Norfolk... so I drove to meet my friends in Richmond, and we drove from there to the show and back to their house after, where I crashed. Unfortunately, although Richmond has cool folks, they were complaining about how Richmond doesn't have any good concert venues. It's sad, and odd, really.

Too funny, too, they were running into all their Richmond friends at the show. I, of course, was completely anonymous. :)

But yeah... fan dedication, it felt like a mini road trip! :)

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Awesome! Did they play Surfer Rosa? My rock fantasy was always that I sang it onstage dressed like the gal on the cover (avec shirt) while shaking some kick-ass moraccas.

9:29 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Ha, Jen, let's hear it for rock fantasies! :)

YES, they did do Surfer Rosa! That was the very last encore song, and it kicked crazy ass, they went nuts on it. It was awesome!

Oh and Kim, she's my hero. She's just really freakin' cool. I know I knew that already, but it was just reinforced seeing her up there.

11:07 PM  
Blogger maikopunk said...

i keep mixing up the Posies with the Pixies.

Sounds like you had a good time - there's nothing like a road trip and seeing your old friends for a concert. Like that movie, Detroit Rock City. yeah! mosh pit and sno-cones!

6:03 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yes, it was such a good time!

What is Detroit Rock City? Are you serious, there really were mosh pits and sno-cones? :)

7:26 PM  
Blogger maikopunk said...

its a funny little movie about these four high school guys trying to get to a KISS concert in Detroit. Edward Furlong was in it, and its pretty raw in parts. I love the party where they beat up the disco guys.

6:27 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Haha, too funny. I'll have to rent that!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home