Tuesday, November 23, 2004

(Crazy) Thought of the Day

Having only written a mere 1,000 words for NaNoWriMo over the last 3 or so days, I had the kind of nutty paranoid thought of it being a vast conspiracy to discourage beginning writers who don't have "the write stuff" (a la, The Fiction Bitch.)

I know, I know, that's not it at all, but it's hard! Hard to the extent where I'm taking jokes seriously (see last post and related comments) but at the very least, that post did get some discourse going.

I have nothing new to report. However, the Thanksgiving holiday hangs over my head (and the absolute non-literary attributes of being doped up on tryptophan, or whatever that sleep-inducing agent is in turkey), so I know I'm feeling pretty thankful that I won't have work-related writing deadlines for 4 blissful days. I've got to crunch out stuff tomorrow though... wish me luck, as I'm leaving early too and a little bit curious how that's all going to pan out. Hmm.

Thanks for readng,

LLB



4 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

Happy belated (American) Thanksgiving!

I think it's always easier to edit (especially someone else's work) than to write.

This vast conspiracy - too bad, I really do believe everyone has a great story to tell but they don't have the skills or the drive to tell it. Pity, think of all the great stuff we're missing out on!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ah, the feast or famine of writing. I've gone weeks without writing a work and then will pop off a few short stories in a row. I don't force myself to write when I'm not--there's nothing more depressing than sitting in front of a computer screen waiting for the brain cells to spark. In fact, the holidays might be good because you'll get out of the house and hear other people's stories and participate in your own surreal family rituals. That's usually enough for me to get the creative juices flowing.

Eat, drink, then be prolific!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I was a little suspicious from the beginning. Us Americans stay up late writing the novels, then we fill up with sleep-inducing turkey. It's the perfect plan...for something.


Seriously, sounds like you've gotten a lot done on it. Not a novel's worth, but at least a novella's worth of material. If it's workable as a whole, all the better. If not, I'm sure there are parts you can scavenge and use in something else.

5:56 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thanks everybody! You all cheered me up. Although, I am about to turn in after watching way too much TV. What the heck is up with me? All I've learned tonight is, "He who rules the spice, rules the world!"

Yeah, I think after Turkey Day and Black Friday (my parental units are making this the blackest Black Friday of all, by dragging me to an outlet in the boonies and calling it "fun") I'm sure I will get back Saturday and be ready to write, write, write!

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who are Americans, and to our Canadian friends, you should take a few days off!! :)

LLB

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home