Saturday, November 13, 2004

All-Story

So, I got my hands on an old issue of Zoetrope All-Story -- it's from 2003, it's the "Love" issue. And while I have suggested that the Zoetrope Web site was a winner for beginning writers, I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed with the issue of All-Story, though I know it's a good market.

Does anybody have more experience, and want to shoot me down? I just thought it was kind of boring. Maybe not so hokey as most of the Glimmer Train issues that I've seen, of course. But it just seemed sort of boring and pedestrian, while it was a perfectly acceptable package, if that makes sense. But nothing really made me sit up and take notice.

Anybody feel the same way? Or disagree? I do feel like I could give it another chance, like pick up a more recent issue. It might be more fair than just thinking it's pretty dull.

Thanks for reading, and I hope everybody's having a great weekend!

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I have a copy of the Zoetrope Anthology, and it's actually pretty good. It's jam packed with the "now" writers--Melissa Banks, the guy who with the short story collection "You Are Not a Stranger Here," and many others--but the stories are funny and electric and just so well written. I vacilliate between feeling like I'll never be that good and feeling like I am capable of comparable writing if I actually applied myself.

7:47 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Jen, of course you're that good! I love your stuff.

I'll have to find that anthology. Is it just out this year?

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home