Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Day 1

Well, Day 1 of NaNoWriMo was yesterday, and I managed to squeeze out 8 pages (double-spaced). I'm feeling pretty proud of myself right now but then again, it's weird getting used to NOT being economical with words.

I packaged up a paper submission to send out, and I'm readying myself to send another one off. As some of you may recall, about 3 or 4 stories have been rejected over recent weeks so I have been slacking off in my usual method, which is to immediately send them out again.

Other than that, I'm glad I did 8 pages last night, because I'm pretty sure that tonight I'm going to spend most of my time watching news coverage of the election. It really does feel like history; I don't recall another election where people were lining up like this to vote. Fascinating.

On the other hand, I can already tell I will feel somewhat liberated tomorrow, when it's over, and behind us. It's been a high-stress time. As much as the outcome may not be what many of us want, it'll just be nice to have some closure.

Write on!

LLB

7 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

LLB, I tried looking you up on the Naniwrimo site but could not find any Lady Lit Blitzins or Litblitzins.

Nevertheless, I don't think at this rate I cna pit myself against you. Eight pages? Congratulations!

8:35 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Ah-ha but that's because I registered under my real name. Hee hee hee! :)

Seriously, I think from what i saw on your blog, your novel looks like a much more entertaining read than mine will be. (I'm just soooo flying by the seat of my pants!) Really, it's 8 pages of... I don't even know what. ;)

I know yours is going to be a scream! I can't wait till it's published! :)

Good luck.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Thanks...I am just staring and staring at the screen right now. I've already reached a dead end. I've got to throw some zombies in there...though my "vampires" are zombie-ish.

No, piranhas, only piranhas can save my story now.

Ugh...got to get back...

2:19 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Ha! Go to it! Send in the piranhas!

I am stuck here, in mine: "She wasn't sure if she was worried, scared, annoyed, angry, or terrified -- she was a cocktail of negative emotions. She wished she had just stayed home."

Man, that's some brilliance (note the absolute overuse of adjectives to boost word count. Whee!). Good thing it's a novel, maybe nobody will notice. ;) Really, REALLY, it's going to get really SCARY now! Heehee.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

I do like that part about the "cocktail of negative emotions." I can't really flesh out characters I find. I suppose writers like me should just stick to writing about doorknobs or wooden planks.

You'll have to let me know what your word count is. I am at two and a half pages, single-spaced (that's how I like to work). So that's about five pages.

I'll figure out piranhas somehow. Actually, I think I have an idea...he he he...

What is your story about?

1:05 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Piranhas... piranhas... piranhas...!

Mine involves ghosts with a touch of Satanism, I think. That's my "plan" so far -- a supernatural tale and maybe this chick's friends are involved, but I'm not sure yet. (I guess that would be my worse fear, personally, since my friends are like my family.)

Word count is 3,500 so far. A lot of it, so far, adjectives. :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Oooh, ghosts! That's my other favourite thing, ghosts...eerier than zombies any day!

3500 is pretty good. I think that's what I got in 2002 before I gave up and starting having a social life. I've never made it past 3500 at Nanowrimo.

I'd definitely like to read it!

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home