Sunday, October 24, 2004

Dead-End Grand Street

I recently got a copy of Grand Street in order to check it out as a market. (Which of course, was part of the original goal of this blog, above and beyond simple bitching and ranting.) I got promptly sidetracked by other demands, like reading Vernon God Little since it's a loaner, and so didn't get to finish it, though it was on my list.

Poets and Writers finally arrived recently (it's bimonthly, it turns out, so all my bitching about not getting my issue was over nothing, so I'm sorry about that). According to P&W, that last issue of Grand Street (theme: Delusions) is its last, after a little more than 20 years.

I'll still likely review its final issue as soon as I can get these other things off my plate. Unfortunately, though, it's another case of here today, gone tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I like Grand Street a bit. They seem to get more of a variety of stories than say Glimmer Train. I usually end up buying Grand Street when I really like visual art they include. Usually pretty good stuff, and very professinally put together.

1:34 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, the first story I read in the "Delusions" issue was really cool. Like I said, I haven't gotten through the other stories, but it also had good art.

Too bad it is to be no more. :(

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home