Tuesday, October 19, 2004

The Power of Many

I'm a little under the weather today so again I'm going to defer to others' interesting stuff.

Check out Maktaaq's post on her early writing experiences and motivation to be a writer. It's good stuff!

Also, if you're looking for some new magazines to check out, Hebdomeros has been posting regularly with some good markets to check out, like Fence and the Dissociated Writers Project, to name a few. I look forward to checking these out some more.

Also, if you're in the mood for some true-life tales, Gatochy suggested Fray recently, a site that had been highlighted by Cool Site of the Day. It is a nice-looking site, and well designed. Each story allows readers to add their own similar experiences to the stories told.

Unfortunately, I was attracted yet repelled by the story, "The Worm Within." Yeah, it's by a guy who contracted a tapeworm. It's not for the faint of heart (nor are the comments from loads of people across the Internet who have had their own brushes with parasitic freeloaders). The story was very well written, although it made me want to wrap myself in plastic and never eat anything that hasn't been burnt to a crisp. Ew.

I also read "A Little Black Death," and liked that one too. A friend of mine recently found a black widow in her apartment -- luckily, a male. I think tapeworms and venomous spiders are neck and neck in terms of unpleasantness and the stuff that nightmares are made of.

Onward (or, in my case, couchward),

LLB

5 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I hope you feel better soon. :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Yes, I hope so too. I hate those kind of nasty days!

Thank you very much for the kind words.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Ick is not word I use often, but Ick! I'll definitely be checking Fray out from time to time. It looks good.

Hope you feel better soon.

7:40 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, I've got a nasty cold-like bug. Thanks for everybody's well wishes... I think I am going to try to sleep it off today.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking forsports information and eventhough this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home