Thursday, October 07, 2004

The Pseudonym Game

So, I started thinking about the whole pseudonym thing tonight. I don't know why. Probably part of my delusional thinking of those loads of fiction publications down the line, since I'm waiting for oh, 5 responses within the month. (Which, in reality, will likely be rejections but there's always the time to dream!)

So yeah, I was thinking about what other writers out there think about having pseudonyms. I don't actually use one for my fiction (believe it or not, considering this blog is anonymous) but sometimes wonder if I should. It's funny, I do have a byline for my day job. And while it doesn't bother me too much, like the worlds wouldn't collide too much, it did weird me out when one time, a reader of an Internet magazine that I was in wrote to my work account and asked if I was the same person. While flattering, it also sort of weirded me out, like those worlds shouldn't collide!!! Ha.

So anyway, I was interested in what people think of the pros and cons about having a pseudonym, or not.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I remember an Elmore Leonard interview not too long ago where he talked about pen-names. He claimed he had three stories accepted to the same mag, and they asked him to use pen-names for two of them so they could run them all in the same issue. Still waiting for that to happen to me :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hebdomerus,

That's an AWESOME anecdote! Ha. You're right, I'm sure many of us would totally love to HAVE to choose pseudonyms for that reason! Thanks for sharing that one!

LLB

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home