Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Another P&W Rant

I ranted a while back about Poets and Writers magazine. I had sent in their card (yeah, right, you know how occasionally you do respond to "junk mail," no matter how infrequently?) for a "free issue" and they had sent me the bill before they sent said "free issue."

So anyway, I liked the free issue that finally did arrive. So I sent in a check. In August. (It's October now, right...?) And I haven't started getting my issues yet. (Oh, I have issues all right, just not issues of the magazine. Ha, I know, bad joke.)

I guess I wouldn't be soooo fired up about it if I wasn't at this moment having some strange sense of deja vu. I swear a couple years ago (probably pre-2000) I subscribed after being tantalized with a free issue and had a similar frustrating experience. However, I think the other time, not only did they fail to send me a free issue in a timely manner and hit me up with a bill, I think as I waited for the free issue I got a big ugly PAST DUE notice, which was really above and beyond. I guess I never learn...!

I'm sure once the magazine starts sending again, I'll forget alllll about this little interlude, ha. In the meanwhile, if anybody's thinking of getting a subscription to P&W to advance their writerly career be prepared to wait a bit. Or maybe pick it up at the newsstand!

Thanks for reading,

LLB

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I sent away for a subscription to the Atlantic Monthly a few years back and never got it. I guess I didn't care enough to complain (or resend the subscription), although I do wish I had gotten the magazine, but I was really looking forward to getting it at the tiem. It's weird to be wistful for something you have the ability to get if only you tried a smidgen harder. Is that the official definition of apathy or what?

8:04 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

LOL! Wow... yeah, I guess I'm all gnashing my teeth about this but I guess I should get on the horn or send an email or something instead of ranting on the Internet about it.

Ah, apathy... ha. I can't believe The Atlantic never sent the subscription though. Maybe they screwed up your address and the neighbors 2 blocks down are happily getting their fill of cultural commentary...

LLB

10:18 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Actually I keep vowing I have to go to bed but I have to issue a "mea culpa" -- P&W seems to have bi-monthly issues so I guess they're not scamming me my subscription money.

So, I issued a sort of irrational rant... sorry about that. I feel a bit irresponsible now.

LLB

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home