Friday, September 24, 2004

National Novel Writing Month

Is anybody planning on participating in National Novel Writing Month in November? I'm trying to come up with some ideas for it. And I would find the link to its web site only right now I'm exceptionally lazy. All you have to write is 50,000 words, which is actually a novella, but likely not that hard to do.

I have a rough idea for it, with the caveat that I'm not going to take it all that seriously. Otherwise I don't think I'd participate at all. Anybody else feel like burning themselves out WORSE than they already have been day jobs, paying gigs, blogging, and writing other types of fiction? Ha.

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

I did NaNoWri Month in 2002 (total 3000 words) and in 2003 (total 1000 words). This year I bet two of my friends $20 that I would get to 10,000 words first.

There is also a three-day novel-writing contest here in Vancouver. This year, I had a Sikh wedding to attend (five days of partying!). Next year?

12:25 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Ah, having upped the ante having a paying gamble at stake, sounds like a good way to motivate!

Yeah, I might only get 1000-3000 words in myself, but I am going to try!

LLB

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home