Thursday, September 16, 2004

Hard-ass House

All right, so I am reading the Summer 2004 issue of Tin House. Now, it's suitably enthralling so far, that I suggest it as a market, especially if you're a big fan of form over function. And I plan to do a more review-like sweep once I'm done with the issue. But, I happen to have a rant.

WHY DOESN'T TIN HOUSE ALLOW EMAILED SUBMISSIONS?

The Web site is lovely. And the print publication is lovelier. Judging by the print version's artistic layout, I know this magazine is no stranger to the possibilities available through desktop publishing programs. Everything about it is modern.

Except for the fact that it doesn't accept submissions in electronic form!!

I don't know, maybe it's a way to suitably torment us struggling writers. Maybe it's a way to cull out the heathens of the Internet masses (though I dare say, a bad writer is just as perfectly capable as a good writer of wasting some trees to print out a manuscript and cover letter and put postage on the envelope as well as the SASE).

Okay, that's my rant for the day.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

1 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

hi, thanks for commenting on my blog. i have read through a number of your entries. compelling and funny. i enjoyed "bitched out" - what a concept the Fiction Bitch has.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home