Saturday, September 11, 2004

Getting Off the Train

Yesterday I found myself in Borders and of course, perused the literary magazine shelf. They never have anything too out of the ordinary but of course it's one perfectly legit place to buy some literary rag. I picked up the Summer Fiction issue of Tin House.

Yeah, I have the Fall 2004 issue of Glimmer Train that I've been trying to slog through, but so far in the couple stories I've read, slog is the word. I did really like the Summer issue, but seeing how my traditional history of reading them generally leaves me less than impressed, it's not surprising to me.

So, I think I'm going to set aside GT for a while and see what Tin House has to offer. Again though, my reading pace has slowed down a whole lot recently. Work and social life have gotten in the way. (Hey, I have to have a social life don't I?) It's another variation of that theme where you wish you could be in two places at once. Not to mention, working on my own fiction is a bit of a stretch right now.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home