Monday, November 01, 2004

Welcome to November

So, today's the first day of NaNoWriMo. I do intend to start on something tonight. This is looking a little bit harder all the time. Someone I know who is also doing it said it comes out to 188 pages, double-spaced. Hmm. I joked, that's a lot of flowery descriptions inserted in there. (Hello, Faulkner.) Seriously, I'm so accustomed to a more economic use of words these days, it's going to be a challenge.

I've decided I'm going to use the Halloween party I attended this weekend as a jumping-off point for a frightful read. Just as a sense of inspiration. Any similarities to people living or dead is purely coincidental. ;)

In other news, man, do I have a backlog of stories that need to go out now. I just got rejected by Zoetrope: All Story. It was their standard card, but had handwritten at the bottom: "This was a fun read. Good luck with future publication."

Thank God it was supposed to be a fun read, ha. Anyway, little snippets like that make me wonder whether that should be heartening, or if they always try to think of something nice to say about a story, albeit small. I know, I should look on the bright side!

Write on,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

If they bothered to hand-write something beyond the form letter, I think that's a great thing. That means they acually read the whole thing and wanted to encourage you!

8:18 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Yeah, I'm doing it again -- NOT practicing what I preach! Seeing how I always like to say that if they take a moment to write ANYTHING we should be glad. Well I did get the story all packaged up to go to another market last night. And my email is sending again, so that means I can send my others out to some markets too. Onward, right??

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home