Saturday, November 06, 2004

Good Bad News

Today I got a rejection from a magazine I have REALLY wanted to get into. Yes, that's bad news. The good news is, the editor had asked for something else, so I scrambled to send it a few months ago, and the rejection today said that he was sorry, my piece had been a "maybe" but in the end they hadn't been able to agree on it, so no. But to try again next year, when their reading period starts again.

Sooo... yeah, it's a little depressing but I feel heartened that it ALMOST made it in. (But damn, that would have been SO cool! Sigh.)

And now I know sometimes when it takes a while to hear back it does mean that there's a "maybe" pile, that's delayed because it's still getting batted back and forth. Again, though, what a funny habit, to be a writer, forcing yourself to see some rejection as good this way.

Anyway, onward.

On a different note, I watched "Donnie Darko" tonight and it fried my noodle. Wow. And, NaNoWriMo update: 0 words today. I'm hitting the hay.

Write on,

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Sorry about the story, but send it out somewhere else quick. If this editor liked it that much, someone else might like enough to print it.

Donnie Darko is a great movie; one of those rarities I see and wish I had written it.

11:49 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Hebdomeros. I'm definitely going to put it out again. And try them again next year...

Yeah, Donnie Darko was pretty amazing. I have been thinking about it all weekend, and it's been a long time since I've had a movie make that much of an impression that I've wanted to think about it so much. Yeah, it would be amazing to write something like that!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home