Thursday, November 04, 2004

A Good Read

Okay so I finally finished Vernon God Little, by DBC Pierre. Even though it took me a few months to finish, it's not because it wasn't good -- it actually was really good. If only for the fact that Pierre managed to create one of the most amazing voices ever. The teenage angst voice he created was amazing, and it contained some of the funniest lines -- and observations -- that I think I have ever encountered. It's a little gritty, but man, he nails it.

Not to mention, it did a great job of lampooning media frenzies and plain old dumb human nature.

A coworker lent it to me, but I'm thinking I want my own copy now, because I already see myself wanting to reread it.

Next, another book that a coworker lent to me. But it looks like more of a fun read rather than a literary read, so we'll have to see what I come up with for this space.

Thanks for reading,

LLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home