Thursday, November 11, 2004

House Party

Well, I haven't gotten much NaNoWriMo done today. I did manage to catch The Grudge tonight -- good flick, but nothing that's going to keep me up tonight.

I'm kind of cracking myself up with my novel, which has rapidly gone downhill a bit. NaNoWriMo HQ sent out a missive about how the second week is the hardest. I think they're right, because I've lost some momentum. I've now trapped my characters inside the haunted house (and this was not the original plan, the haunted house was originally going to be the tip of the iceberg but I've since decided it's going to be one bad night in a place that's a portal). My heroine has deteriorated into a basket case, and this is not really going well. (Usually my heroines are strong, I think, maybe a little crazy, but strong enough, and not prone to becoming completely unhinged, like this one has.) She has since been medicated because you know, everyone carries prescription painkillers with them at all times, and many of the characters are cavorting around saying, LET'S PAR-TY! now that everything's gone all wacked out and freakshow.

Yeah, sounds about right and how normal people would behave. Hahaha. I guess my only point is, wow, this whole thing is going exactly where it wants to go. And in the process, I suppose it's entertaining me more than it might entertain anyone else.

Hope everybody's having productive evenings. Thanks for reading,

LLB

7 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

"many of the characters are cavorting around saying, LET'S PAR-TY!"

Maybe it could be refashioned into a Hollywood slasher screenplay?

3:40 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

LOL! Really, that is what it sounds like, doesn't it. How utterly terrifying! Hahaha.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

The problem is that even if you have a tough girl character, they are also being abducted by Hollywood (Lara Croft & her ilk).

Hmm, the was a burst of activity with the novel today but am at a loss for ideas as to a certain part. What sort of humiliation shall I heap upon Granny Lottie? Something she can kill with? Hmm...

11:51 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hey Maktaaq! That is totally true. Thank God tough girl characters are in vogue now, though, because I had no patience for the women in horror movies who simpered, screamed, cried, and fell down repeatedly. I think that's why I kind of liked the remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" -- in the original the main female victim character just comes completely unstrung.

My heroine isn't quite so bad as all that, but she needs a little less "losing her mind" I think. However, my end point tonight was closer to her starting to pull herself together, which is a step in the right direction.

Granny Lottie was a total cliffhanger! I can't wait to hear what comes next!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

"I think that's why I kind of liked the remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" -- in the original the main female victim character just comes completely unstrung."

I think I would come completely unstrung too...as long as I was 50000 miles away from that weirdo. I would run first before I went hysterical.

"Granny Lottie was a total cliffhanger! I can't wait to hear what comes next!"

Oooh, thanks...I have been sitting in front of the computer for four hours already with no ideas as to what comes next.

3:34 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Ha, that's true, actually. In real life I doubt I'd be able to fend off old Leatherface and not be unstrung. It's so easy to watch a movie and be all like, "What a LOSER!" But let's face it, we'd probably all split up and go check out the noise in the basement. Haha.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

I've watched enough horror movies not to split up and go into the basement. :)

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home