Sunday, November 21, 2004

Blammo!

Yes, that "BLAMMO!" is the sound of the writing-related brick wall, and slamming into it. I kind of felt like this weekend should have been more inspiring, on the literary level, but instead it was kind of frustrating. Right now I'm thinking it's appealing to sit on the couch, watch TV and stuff my face with Toblerone. Maybe it's the pre-holiday blues (which only means I have the holiday blues, and the post-holiday blues to look forward to -- oh, and seeing the Pixies in a little more than 2 weeks!! YEAH!).

I went to a local upscale (ew) mall, to have lunch with a friend and do some research. It's so nice to see everybody's got the holiday spirit (meaning, aggressive driving in the parking lots and people flipping each other off, honking horns and dropping the F-Bomb in loud voices -- hey, this is a family-type blog).

I dunno, it all feels a little less-than-inspiring, for other reasons I won't disclose at this time, but I have gotten some stuff done -- I'm at just shy of 30,000 words for NaNoWriMo, and I did get a few more short stories submitted, I just have one more to discover a market for.

Speaking of inspiration, though, Maikopunk has a great link to a Writer's Digest piece that was nice, about writers who have suddenly been catapulted into fame and fortune. It's a good read so I'd suggest checking it out.

LLB

4 Comments:

Blogger Maktaaq said...

Ah, I spent seven hours slumped in front of the Nanowrimo story, dejected that I cornered Chriselda into a corner she can't escape from unless the calluses on her neck prevent her from being decapitated. These calluses, from her frequent tussles with the vampires, are so rockhard no axe can penetrate her neck. Seriously, that's how I have her surviving her impending decapitation. Cheesy and I am only a thousand words farther in my story as a result. But I've given away that bit. I still haven't figured out how she escapes from being hanged.

My father, who is visiting, is putting up with me and my reckless need to get to 30,000 words in the next few days.

Meanwhile, the object of my inner turmoil has called a truce in our war.

Toblerone is great. I had two teaspoons of Nutella in front of the TV (raunchy Arabic music videos and fantasies about my unattainable heartbreakin' man).

I'll have to buy me some Toblerones...

Woo hoo for 30,000 words!

1:31 AM  
Blogger maikopunk said...

Always nice to see people getting aggressive in their cars while heading out to buy a little piece of happiness for the friends and family. I'll take the bus downtown, thanks. Have you also been confronted by walls o'chocolate in every drug and grocery store. I was tempted as I was buying dental floss.

4:58 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hey Maktaaq, I'm glad to hear from you! Mmm, Nutella! I like that stuff too. Wow -- your dad's visiting? That is a little bit hard on the NaNo goal, I would imagine. Though I love the idea of Chriselda being saved from decapitation by her vampire callouses on her neck. That's awesome! I don't think it's cheesy, I think it's clever!

And Maikopunk, I know! It's terrible out there, dog eat dog. And the chocolate situation is very scary. I am trying to cut back, but it's everywhere! You're right, you'll even find it in the dental hygiene aisle. Mouthwash with a chocolate chaser! Hmm.... the holidays are tough and I need to get a better relationship with the stationary bike in the workout room of my apartment complex.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Mmm, chocolate...Nutella...mmm...

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home