Thursday, December 09, 2004

Retreating

So it seems no one read The Fig Eater. Or perhaps, everybody's disgusted with me for my admission that I just didn't get the end of that damn book. ;)

It is definitely time to crash and burn tonight, I refuse to be up till 1am which is the usual situation. I'm almost out of cigarettes and it's a cold, rainy, dreary night, and perfect for that warm place I call a bed. I will be traveling over the weekend to my family's mountain retreat where hopefully, I'll get some good reading done and so I will be duly unplugged. (No, it's not a cabin that we go to, even though it sounds like it. I am not a cabin type of chick, screw that. However, the house is very remote and I generally get a little bit spooked. It would be the perfect setting for an alien landing. And a good place to read, and sleep.) Here's to unplugging.

Anyway, I'll catch you guys on Sunday and here's hoping you all have great weekends!

Write on,

LLB

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course now you MUST write the obligatory "alien landing at a lonely cabin in the mountains" story. Starring a woman who's just thrown the "Fig Eater" across the room in disgust when she realizes that it is a cold, rainy , dreary night, she's out of cigarettes, and what in the hell, are those LIGHTS out there?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Hebdomeros said...

I'd love to see a good, cheeky version of an alien abduction. Most take themselves way too seriously, unless you count Douglass Adams. Have a good time, and watch out for funny lights.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

I'm supposed to be taking time off from online endeavours but I couldn't resist responding to this one: I am too thick probably to get The Fig Eater. I really liked Smilla's Sense of Snow, except the ending confused me on that one.

Hmm, we need to start up my bookclub again (minegibblet.blogspot.com).

I did look up Vamped & The Fig Eaters at the library but no luck. Must go to the Big City Library tomorrow.

7:23 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Okay guys, it's too funny, but my mini trip got canceled. So I'm actually at home and it didn't take me too long to get on the computer after going out for a little while after work.

However, one thing I can be glad about is the awesome idea to do a cheeky piece about aliens landing. Awesome!

And Maktaaq, that's awesome you have a bookclub! I'll have to check out that blog!

11:22 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Apparently I really liked the word "awesome" last night. Hmm.

"The Giblet is Mine!" is such a great title. I especially like the question as to whether Gene Wilder was ever sexy (ew, no) but I will say, the upcoming "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" starring Johnny Depp promises one sexy Willy Wonka. I cannot wait.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Dang, the Big Library didn't have The Fig Eaters or Vamped.

I'll have to go to the Bigger Library.

10:59 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Good grief Maktaaq! I can't believe The Big Library didn't have them -- yes, try the Bigger Library. I hope this doesn't have to escalate to The Biggest Library!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
free on line tarot card reading is a very interesting subject and I really enjoy Your blog.
If You are really interested in this You must visit free on line tarot card reading
Here You find a complete directory regarding free on line tarot card reading

So please, donĀ“t miss free on line tarot card reading

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home