Thursday, December 09, 2004

Figs

Okay, so I'm rehashing something I read quite some time ago. Because I was in my roommate's room bitching about something earlier tonight and I happened to see her copy on her bookshelf, and it jogged my memory over one of my more frustrating reads of the last year or so, since it was highly recommended.

Did anyone read The Fig Eater? I liked it just okay, and remember thinking I felt like the author (Jody Shields, I believe?) tried a wee bit too hard.

And if anyone would like to enlighten me on what the ending actually meant, I'd so appreciate it. I remember feeling like I'd marched all the way through the book only to reach an abstract ending that I didn't quite "get," and since there are so many well-read people here, I thought somebody could help me out with this one.

LLB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home