Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back From Vacay

I just got back from vacation in Maine with my parents. I had intended to both unplug from regular life and actually do a lot of fiction writing, but the writing part just didn't pan out. Even though we did stop by and snap some photos of Stephen King's supercool house. I want a Victorian house with a wrought-iron fence like his one day!

Still, as inspiring as Maine's coastal landscape and an unplugging from the usual day-to-day drudgery should have been, I just couldn't produce anything while I was away, although I did manage to write 1600 words of what I think is pure bile last night after getting home. I'm pretty sure some stream-of-consciousness that will probably never amount to an actual piece of fiction is better than nothing. There's probably something to be said for just writing through those dry spells. 

More later... dreading a return to work and etc.!

Write on... and I guess write through the block if possible!

LLB

2 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

I still think about that black Victorian house near Frederick. Shame that it's no longer there.

11:19 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

I know! I miss it... it is sad to pass the spot and know that it is gone!! I still have the pic though (sigh).

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home