Friday, December 17, 2004

Scary!

Well, actually, not so scary. Or maybe it is. Dunno. I have had my one horror story (the one that's currently being marketed) accepted by TheHarrow, and it will be published in the January issue. Yay!

The downside (not that it's a downside) is that the reviewer and the editor have suggested some changes for it, although the final decision was to accept it as is.

Needless to say I'm excited about this development. However, I do have to put my thinking cap on over the weekend as I mull over their feedback and try to decide whether to change it or to leave it as is. I think I can address at least one of their concerns with some changes.

So, now that I've returned pretty early from my evening's activities, I think I will retire to read some more Dhalgren. I must say, I'm as addicted to it as some people are addicted to Friday night happy hours. And I'd rather tackle any revisions when I have a fresher mind than on a Friday night after a full day of work and several activities afterwards... quite a whirlwind.

Write on,

LLB

6 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomeros said...

Congratulations! That's good news. I looked at that journal a little after you blogged about it a month or two ago. It looks pretty good. Good luck with the edit.

12:54 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thank you! I'm pretty excited, I must say. It has been a little bit since I've gotten anything accepted -- I had a flurry in fall 2003 and then a long dry spell. Yaay!

And thanks, I need the encouragement for the edit. I'm always a little leery of revision for fear I might ruin it. ;)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Congratulations!

I poked about on The Harrow: named after my least favourite Kafka story (and I don't like any of his stories), the name gave me the creeps. I remember when I read it, I had to force myself to go on.

But I can't wait to read your story! :)

3:29 AM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Thank you!!! Well don't be too excited about my story. I don't find it that horrifying really and some might find it a bit silly. ;)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Hmm, I really want to read more horror. I never found enough that really gave me the heeby-jeebies. Some Le Fanu stories, maybe. But that's it.

8:30 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Maktaaq, I thought Le Fanu was awesome!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home