Monday, August 09, 2004

Quite Contrary?

All right, for the first time ever -- and that's ever -- I've clicked on a banner ad. Actually, it was one of the ads served up right on the top of my own blog, an ad served up by Google for Contrary magazine, apparently associated with the University of Chicago.

Anybody familiar?

Well, I'll look into it later, because I just watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" for the second time this week, with my roommate who has just returned from Paris. I wish she had brought Johnny Depp home with her from Paris as a souvenir, but no such luck; of course, I am not that out of touch with reality.

I'll look more into Contrary a little later, but with a name like that one might imagine it would be an interesting market. I'm curious if it's quite as contrary as it thinks it is. That will be an interesting experiment.

I hope others are having a bit better a night of writing than I am, but really, I've just been living my double life as one of Johnny Depp's greatest fans (he is my generation's finest actor, I think) tonight and it's time for bed.

Write on,

LLB

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

"Blast!" is a good one. There's also one called Bomb. There used to be one called something like "The Miss Lucy Westenra Journal of the Undead" or something like that, it definitely included "Miss Lucy Westenra." I know nobody really needs help knowing what that one was all about, but I think it went out of business a few years ago.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Maktaaq said...

Even if there was never a "The Miss Lucy Westenra Journal of the Undead", you must create one...heck, I remember in my writing class, the instructor complained so much about vampire fiction that I want to write a vampire story just for her, to make fun of the vampire fiction she hates so much.

9:23 PM  
Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Haha, it was definitely the Miss Lucy Westenra something! God, I wish I could remember what it was called, it was such a great title.

I do happen to have one vampire story (it's about 20 years old now, unfortunately) that I have been unable to place, though it did land me an A in my senior seminar project in college, which was on horror being the unsung jewel of literature. ;) It's funny, though, I have noticed in horror markets, man, there is definitely a REAL bias against vampire stories. I guess maybe they get a lot of really bad ones, but hell, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, better than a GOOD vampire story.

LLB

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home